Wonderful people who make this blog worth updating

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Week of Wearing Skirts and Dresses

I don't know if I'll post each day for the rest of the week, but I got this idea from Michelle, aka Coffee Catholic's blog. 

The original idea was put out by another blogger:

Host: Emily @ Do Not Conform

Information: The challenge is to wear only skirts/dresses for an entire week of seven days, and then post a photo of your outfits (head to toe) on your blog…. read more.

Date: Tuesday, May 4th through Monday, May 10th

Here is my outfit for today:


I got the skirt last year at the Somali mall in Minneapolis. I really haven't bought many clothes since last year.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of layering. I typically wear a tanktop under everything, regardless of the weather. I will usually wear another shirt and a hoodie if the weather isn't hot. I love long skirts, but I think they only look long enough if they're basically dragging the ground. That doesn't work so well here in rainy Portland, so I've also picked up a few tunics and longer tops to wear with jeans. As you can see, no hijab today, perhaps I'll add one tomorrow.


And not to leave Layla out,

10 comments:

Banana Anne said...

I love it Masha'Allah! Long skirts are awesome. And I looooove the Somali store that I go to in Boston; they always have the best variety of skirts and hijabs.

MK said...

Cute! I love that idea... and your outfit :-D

Susanne said...

You both look very lovely! :)

NeverEver said...

MashaAllah nice :-D

Mona Z said...

Cool idea! I love the skirt.

geestig.asher said...

i think the first time i ever went to a somali mall was with you.. :)

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

@geestig.asher, funny I think I was the 1st person to introduce lots of NCU students to the wonder of the Somali mall :-)
Some people would call me to get Sambusa with them.

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

@Banana Anne, Aren't they great? Skirts from regular stores are usually that awkward 1/2 calf length. Somali stores always have the long khimars, which are nice too.

Umm Ibrahim said...

aww great idea!!!! I loved reading your little posts about it and seeing the pics.

btw if you need more long skirts...lemme know, long cute skirts are everywhere and really cheap!

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

@Umm Ibrahim, InshaAllah I definitely will. I'll probably be looking to switch out a couple of them for new ones pretty soon.