Wonderful people who make this blog worth updating

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fall Leaves



I don't know about you guys, but fall is one of my favorite seasons.
I just wish it lasted longer. . .
If we were to eventually move to the Middle East, I think fall would be one of the things I miss most.

.
Layla had fun the last week or so playing in the leaves just outside our apartment. We've also been getting lots of time outside for walks and playing in the cool weather. The rain has just started here, so now we enjoy every bit of sunlight we can soak up.

I am still teaching the kids and translating Somali 1 day a week during the ESL classes. I would love to add another day, but the school is on the opposite side of the city from where we live. I also met another guy at my friend Leila's restaurant who wants me to volunteer for another organization called Africa House.
I would love to do it, but I'm just trying to make sure I still put Layla and my hubby first. I feel like I'm lazy sometimes, but I just don't think its a good idea to be running back and forth doing different committments every single day.

My hubby is still looking for a full-time job, so once he gets that it will be a little easier to invite friends over to the house and such. I would love to have some ladies over for tea, but its a little strange when your hubby is sitting there working on the computer doing his homework all day. It has been really wonderful being able to spend so much time with him though.

7 comments:

Skye said...

OMG that is the most cutest thing everr masha'allah!Layla is adorableeee!

insha'allah ur hubbi finds the job his looking for,girlie time is always a musttt for us ladies =p

Susanne said...

Adorable pictures! I LOVE the one of her falling back into the leaves. :-)

I didn't realize you all might move to the Middle East one day! I'd love to ask why and doing what, but I don't want to come across as being too nosy. Actually I really would like to live there for a while - in Syria. But we'll see what God has in store about that.

Sounds like an enjoyable life and you are wise to put your family first. Great to read about you and see your little girl again. :)

Mina said...

Oh I love fall...the changing of the leaves and the breeze ah, cute pics of Layla.

Mona Zenhom said...

Oh how gorgeous! Layla and the leaves! I sure miss fall.

The reverts secret said...

Fall is my most FAV time of year looks like its laylas too awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Anonymous said...

Where abouts in the Middle East are you considering moving? I'm guessing Lebanon. If you do move, is it a business trip or a permament solution? Just curious. Btw how's your husband gonna cope with Arabic? It's easy for you and the little cutey pie but your husband is gonna suffer a lot having to learn such a hard language as an adult.

Stacy K. said...

Oh no, moving to the ME isn't something we are specifically planning on. Slight possibility, and would probably be a year or two at most.