Wonderful people who make this blog worth updating

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seattle!

We are in Seattle right now trying to decide whether to move to Seattle or Portland when the husband gets back from deployment. So far, Seattle has given me a pretty good impression. I don't have any experience of Portland to compare it with, but I still have some pros and cons. We have been taking pictures, but I don't have any way to upload them until we get back home since I didn't bring the laptop here.
The waterfront area and scenery here are very beautiful. The city is very green in March when compared to Minneapolis, and it's definitely big enough. I just have to decide whether its too big.
Some other pros would be the decent public transport, walkability, and variety of things to see and do. So far the rain hasn't bothered me at all. Seattle also has more job opportunities for the husband and myself.
So far the cons include higher housing costs, bad traffic, and higher cost of living. So far its looking like it would be hard to buy a house here with a decent sized lot in the city for a reasonable price. There are a lot of other little things that I might post about in more detail later once we have something to compare it with.

No comments: